Add breadth and depth to your systems administration skills, your understanding of network topologies in a cloud-based environment and your overall troubleshooting skills as a Systems Administrator/Technical Consultant. Based in Los Angeles, you’ll gain invaluable hands-on infrastructure experience as you solve challenging technical problems.
Working in concert with senior-caliber infrastructure consultants, you’ll gain mastery of the nuances of more complex
solution requirements, within both traditional and cloud-based infrastructure environments. On our small and
collaborative team, your innovative ideas will be recognized, ratified and rewarded.
Ideal candidates have experience a solid background in Linux/Windows systems administration. Cloud Services hosts many diverse Axway products, and it will take a continual learning mentality for you to understand how the
applications and infrastructure interrelate. While an understanding of Windows administration is great, your top-notch
Linux admin skills, networking experience, and understanding of web servers and B2B solutions will pay even greater
dividends. Standouts in this role are excellent troubleshooters and root cause analysts, for whom this aspect of the
job is done more out of love than duty. You’ll step into a situation where supporting a production environment is key
and when troubles arise you will work to identify the cause, resolve it and effectively save the day.
• Ensure all customers are fully satisfied throughout their lifecycle, from on boarding through ongoing operations
• Perform day-to-day technical operational activities, including application installation, implementing changes,
performing backups, granting user access, managing configurations, ensuring that scheduled jobs are completed, and
administering the infrastructure
• Manage the lifecycle of all requests and problems that arise, driving for root cause of problems to prevent
incidents from recurring
• Demonstrate proficiency in all of the team’s tools and technologies, and rapidly acquire new skills as the
• Conduct all technical activities as defined in CTO policies and procedures.
• Provide 24/7 support as required
• Contribute to technical projects as required
• Proficiency with UNIX, LINUX and Windows administration, including shell scripting
• Demonstrated experience in network connectivity, communication protocols, and network troubleshooting
• Experience with database systems (esp. Oracle & MySQL), SQL development, and reporting tools
• Knowledge of cloud models (IaaS/PaaS/SaaS), preferably Amazon Web Services (AWS) experience.
• Excellent organization skills, ability to work well under pressure, and to meet deadlines
• Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills
• Highly motivated self-starter with an aptitude and passion for learning new technologies
• Demonstrated teamwork and collaboration capabilities
• Ability to communicate effectively internally and externally at all levels, both orally and in writing
• Familiarity with cloud models (IaaS/PaaS/SaaS) preferably Amazon Web Services (AWS) experience.
• Experience with IT Management Systems such as Puppet, Chef, Nagios, or Splunk
• BS in Engineering, Information Technology or Computer Science, or equivalent
• At least four years systems administration in IT-based project environments
• ITIL Foundations certification preferred